Tuesday 15 September 2009

Le Geek, C'est Chic

See what I did there on the title? Genius, I know.

I'm going to tell you something that I've been told by my mother ever since my brother used to mock me for getting A's; It is cool to be a geek.



This is just as true now as it ever was when I was 10 years old in my own little geek-phase. Just look at the likes of the fashion elite Florence Welch and Fearne Cotton. You can't even browse a magazine in Britain without seeing their faces emblazened on the best dressed lists. There's Kate Nash down there as well, just for arguements' sake. Dallas Green of Alexisonfire fame and Joseph Gordon Levitt in '(500) Days of Summer' for the gents too.



How do I do this trend, Zoe?! I here you ask. Well, its probably the easiest thing in the world.
Layers are important, think cardigans over shirts, Pullovers and smart jackets. Ladies may need knee high socks to team with their mini skirts and pretty dresses and EVERYONE in the whole wide world should invest in some Clear Lens glasses. I found this pair in Topshop for £15, but they can be found cheaper elsewhere.
So, In the altered words of Missy Elliott. Go, Get your Geek On.
SpaceCadet Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment