Monday 7 September 2009

The Lust List

Below are my top eight most coveted items of Autumn/Winter 2009

Irregular Choice Cat Boots - £99.99. At this price I'll probably only be able to afford them when I start collecting my pension and applying for a bus pass. Until now, I'm just going to stare at them, open mouthed, through the Schuh window.

Yumi faux fur jacket - £89. 100% amazing, and timeless to boot. I'd wear it with postbox red lipstick, the skinniest black jeans and skyscraper lace-up shoots.

Minnie Mouse Ears - on eBay from £1.50 . Partially inspired by Louis Vuittons catwalk bunny ears, and also by Zui Suicide's cute as a kitten in a sock headgear on Paris Hiltons BFF. I may have to make a pair myself for added kitsch factor.

Jumper - £85, Marcus Lupfer for Topshop. This is a proper 80's throwback, which reminds me of something that Whitney from that tacky teen-fiction novel New Faces would have worn. This + stonewash jeggings + cherry-red ankle boots = massive win.

Alexander McQueen embossed patent leather brogue boots - too much to even contemplate. New Look are doing a similar (but nowhere near as hot) pair for £70. Hmm...Quilted Patent Leather Bag - Marc Jacobs. I literally love everything about this bag. This season, as you've probably guessed, I'm escewing my signature girly style for something with a bit more edge. This bag epitomises everything I'm crushing on this winter.

Uma Thurmans hair and Audrey Kitchings make-up - priceless. Ok, while hair and make-up aren't items per se, they're still top of my wishlist this month. I've been wanting to swap my signature black, pink and double-layered hair for something more classic for a while now, and Uma's graduated bob and short fringe is most definitely what I'll be asking Holly at Vidal Sassoon for next time I got in for a chop. As for Audreys make-up, well, what can I say? She looks like a cross between Cheryl Cole and a candy cane, and I mean that in the best possible way. I think its time for me to raid the Mac stand in Boots again.

Shredded ribbed tights - from £1 in Primark - reminiscent of the beginning of the 70's punk movement, and more recently of Effy from the third series of Skins. What an eclectic comparison...

I'm in dire need of a fairy godmother right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment