Monday 27 July 2009

Style update: In which I try to forget about the epic airoplane fail...


Shiny new fringe time!
I made a long-overdue trip to town (I haven't been to Cardiff centre in bloody ages as I am hugely skint, and window shopping would just depress me). But today I ventured to Queen Street and decided to pop into Vidal for a bit of a trim. I have missed the block fringe. Statement hair is the way forward. As you can probably see in the picture thought, my colour streaks need topping up. I'm in danger of looking like I'm going grey...

I seem to have been caught in somewhat of a fashion slump of late. I'm sure everyone knows how that feels? You search and search,but still your wardrobe leaves you feeling totally uninspired. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm having a bit of trouble fitting in my jeans at present. Don't get me wrong, I love being in a relationship, but I'm not enjoying the catastrophic effect its having on my waistline. Regular takeaways are not conducive to being able to slip into a pair of size 10 skinnies.
So to jerk myself out of my sartorial black spot, this morning I perused some of Cardiffs premier vintage emporiums and picked up a couple of bargains, namely a beautiful pillar-box red petticoat that cost a mere £5 at Curios, and a fab Vivienne Westwood-esque flamboyant, frilled blouse that, as my friend George kindly informed me, makes me look a bit like a pirate.
I've been looking for an excuse to wear the royal blue gogo boots that Rhi gave me last week, and found this the perfect opportunity. I found a great matching belt at Primark of all places, chucked on a pair of leopard print tights and a matching red and royal blue bag, and was good to go =)

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing wrong with yr waistline ya silly titcake.

    ReplyDelete